RCU Forums - View Single Post - VQ models, Delta Rocket?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:18 PM
9thLife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VQ models, Delta Rocket?

ok- first flight went badly...cramming a Mega in there just did not work out, the thrust angle was off and it nosed into the ground. Being the fool that I am, I purchased another one of these (they're cheap, it's ok!) and mounted one of the park 450 outrunners I had lying around on it. I also put a 10.5x10.5 prop on it. Holding in my hand, I could tell there was incredible thrust and I launched it. I took off straightup and then flopped around in the air- it was unrecoverable and totally out of control and came crashing down- no real damage to the fuse, except for one broken vertical fin which was easy to fix.

My thoughts are that I put too big of a prop on here and since this model is so light, the torque spun the model instead of the prop (it looked like this anyways...) Since the outrunner 450 is not made for a smaller prop diameter, I have decided to remove this outrunner and replace it with a little screamers outrunner with a 7x5 prop- this should be a good combination...in theory...