RCU Forums - View Single Post - Clutch Liner replacement made easy
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:54 AM
AutoMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clutch Liner replacement made easy

LOL..what the heck fellas?! Andy never asked if anyone thought there was a better way to deal with clutch liners. He just wanted to share his idea that he felt was easier to do than a wad of tape wraped around the clutch then pressed into the bell. Heck, I like his idea for the easy in , easy out side of it. Just posting "hey, neat idea. I might try it next time" would have been fine. Not a couple of guys, that should know better, picking the guys freely given sugestion apart without even trying it.

Nothing against your tool but the clutch/tape method is the best way to get a correct and consistent gap.
Silly thing to say. It implies his idea is flawed. The BEST way would have to be buying the bell with the liner pre-installed from the factory. More costly, but still the best

No wonder a few get fed up. With how rudely a few replies were given I would think twice before offering any ideas. What may be worse, is if you dont think you were rude or could have responded better and just thanked him for the sugestion.