RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ancient Acoms AP227 receiver broken?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:08 PM
cbs52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ancient Acoms AP227 receiver broken?

Having recently dragged my old buggy out of the loft and got it going again, I am having some issues with range that I can't quite work out. The receiver is a very old Acoms AP227 which has been rather abused, with different connectors soldered on, etc. My old ESC bit the dust, so I now have a new Mtroniks Viper RV11 paired with an old Demon triple 17 turn motor.

Now, when I run it, it works fine when close to the transmitter, but when it gets about 7m away, it stops. I can then operate the steering servo, but the ESC does not respond. If I move a bit closer, it starts to respond, but is very glitchy until I get even closer when it takes off again. I don't think it is the ESC as it works as long as I am close by, so I am assuming that it is the receiver. I thought it was a straightforward range issue at first, but the steering still works, so I don't think it is. I have tried repositioning the ESC and receiver and have routed the antenna completely away from any power cables, with no change.

So, is this something that anyone has come across. I am considering getting a newer receiver off ebay just to try - is it worth it, or should I just get a new set of different radio gear?