RCU Forums - View Single Post - LB Getting Ready for SNOW - Kyosho EP Blizzard DF-300 Thread!
Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: LB Getting Ready for SNOW - Kyosho EP Blizzard DF-300 Thread!

A lot of good tips here, thanks!! Post some pics of your Blizzard here when you got a chance!!

ORIGINAL: bmwnla

Hey guys i have one of the df-300s i bought it last year and built it before the winter. These things are SOOOOOO much fun. Seriously you dont need brushless. As long as you have lots of snow banks to climb you will never be bored of the speed. Making-trax is an awesome site and you should definitly be a member.

Right now i run my blizzard on the stock silver can, a LRP A.I. esc (waterproof), gp3700 7-cell battery, and a crappy am pistol radio.

The chassis does come assembled but there is some work to do!!

Go ideas are definitly better grease in the diff (i havent done this yet) and also putting some kinda of pad on the brakes so that it doesnt have as much power for stopping. You will see why this is a must once u get your df-300

Anyways another tip is to leave your blizzard outside for like 15-20 min before you decide to use it because if its at room temp and you drop it on the snow, the snow binds up in the boogies really fast. But a cold blizzard will cruise right threw.