RCU Forums - View Single Post - Zenoag Mods?
Thread: Zenoag Mods?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 07:03 PM
glennb2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zenoag Mods?

You, and a couple of others seem to be getting quite upset about all of this Believe It.

Not sure why. At the end of the day, we are not talking of anything here with any real importance, they are only model boats, and if you are racing them, then, as is always the case, the best compromise package wins the day, every day. By which I mean: Best driver, most suitable engine / boat set up / propellor for the prevailing conditions.

Dave Marles is a well respected boat racer and engine modifier, and has an enviable track record of many years to back it all up. This is an International reputation. I feel he has in his posts been quite reserved in his own defence.

I take some personal offence to certain comments along the way in this thread, specifically this one from radioactiver/c: "If the top engine builders in the US can't get 7, then it can't be done."

Can you understand how this can be seen as offensive?

I ask this question of radioactiver/c: What makes you think that the maximum power engine has to come from the USA? There are good engineers all over the world.

And before anyone chimes in, I am not anti American, all I would point out is that you try to remember that this is a global forum.

I really do not understand how this has become such an emotive posting, but it has.

The answer, I think, to fuelman 8, who initiated this thread, is that there are lots of good data books on the subject of two stroke tuning. Gordon Jenings has some good points to make, as does Tony Jarvis, it is always going to be a compromise, and that is what you should be aware of when embarking on the tuning an engine adventure. Also, there is the risk that some of the mods you make might make the engine unusable for what you need.

It might be more economically viable to look to a modified motor from a reputable builder near to where you are who will offer advice and recommendations for your application.

Hope everyone has a happy Christmas, all the best,

Glenn