RCU Forums - View Single Post - New BME Aircraft 30% Extra330L
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 05:00 PM
jgraham10
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BME Aircraft 30% Extra330L

You will not need a kill servo as the kill switch from smartfly goes between the battery and the ign. module and hooks to a channel in the reciever. I put mine on the landing gear switch and when I actuate the landing gear switch it turns off the power to the ign. module. That then shuts the engine down safely and easily.
You might be thinking of a choke servo which you can use and it can be any servo you want but is really not needed. There is a alternate method described in this thread or the other thread on how to setup the choke so it can be activated without a servo. It was a real easy setup using a servo arm screwed to the engine box and two pieces of wire. You either pushed it on or off. It was a real simple solution.

What radio are you using if it is a computerized unit you will not need the matchboxes just use the mixing in the radio to setup the servos.
Throttle servo is really up to you I ended up using a digital servo I had laying around.

Nothing wrong with MPI switches but I have read (this is my first gasser too) that they cannot handle the vibrations of a gasser and will fail.
I have MPI's on everyone of my glow airplanes and just love them but I went with a HD switch that NOBS batteries sells. CERMARK also makes a HD switch that will work too.

I ended up purchasing a Jersey Model fuler and one of their fuel dots. The nice thing about their fuel dot is that it is sealed until the other end makes connection so you have no leakage back after fueling. The fueler also has a second piece of hose that you hookup to the overflow/fuel vent line and that will allow you to capture the overflow in lieu of allowing it to spill on the ground. The valve is a little expensive but nice to have. Good quality stuff.
http://www.jerseymodeler.com/id29.html
If you watch for it on the unamed websites that feature giant scale aircraft you might find a discount or so from Jersey they do that once and awhile.
John

ORIGINAL: avatar71

I am making my list...

Engine DA50
Ignition adaptor DA50
Standoffs DA50
drill jig DA50
prop TBM 22x8
spinner truturn
muffler j-tec
kill switch smartfly
throttle servo ??
aileron servo x2 5955tg
elevator servo x2 5955tg
rudder servo 5955tg
kill servo ??
servo extensions
elevator servo arms airwild
rudder servo arm airwild
aileron servo arms airwild
fueler
gas line
batteries x3 TBM
miracle switch x3 MPI
carb plate TBM
Receiver JR
jr matchbox JR

not sure what else i should do...

an opinions? One of my bigger questions is what to use for a throttle and kill servo... Can I use a standard servo or do I have to go big on these too?