RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Skylark 56 ARF versus Tower Kaos 40 ARF
Old 12-17-2007, 04:08 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Skylark 56 ARF versus Tower Kaos 40 ARF

Thanks for the feedback so far to both Bobby and JC. I get the impression that the Kaos 40 ARF from Tower is a bit faster and more neutral of an airframe while the Skylark 56 ARF is more of a second airplane. I also get the impression from reading user comments and reviews of both ARFs that the Skylark 56 comes with better covering and may prove the more durable of the two ARFs.

I have a nice selection of sport planes in my hangar, and I was hoping for a more neutral, pattern style flyer. I am concerned about the reports of trim peeling off the Kaos 40 ARF so easily. I was hoping the Skylark 56 ARF would offer the same flying characteristics but with better covering; it sounds like the Skylark 56 isn't as fast or as neutral handling as the Kaos 40 ARF, however.

I'm looking for a good, everyday .40-size ARF that is more advanced than your typical "second" airplane, but without the fuss of a modern F3A plane with wheel pants and a cowling and whatnot. If anybody has a better suggestion than a Kaos .40 ARF with plenty of packing tape to hold down the trim, I'm all ears.