RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's play trivia
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Let's play trivia

I'd take one of those Curare models if he does some more of them. The MK Curare was my first pattern model in 1986. Before that I flew a Super Sportster 40 with a K+B 61 on the front. It was a dog....way too heavy and other issues.

My Curare didn't last too long I was too cheap on the radio gear...well I was about 13 at the time. Futaba AM FG series radio. I still have it....but man was it prone to getting shot down. Even before the narrow band deal in 1991. I have a Narrow Band RX for it and it just needs a new Nicd....but why bother with that old hunk...

Everything now is Spektrum and JR 2.4 for my stuff.

its amazing how small a modeling world it truly is.

We have our pattern contest in PHX at Sun Valley in February. Its the last weekend I think. It turns out to be pretty good. You guys should come up. Maybe we can do a similar thing the week before like we did last year. We had guys from all over hear practicing and flying...good friends and fun from Tuesday on through the weekend. I hear the Canadians are coming this year. I also talked with Ivan Kristensen and he may start flying some pattern again...

Troy Newman