RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the NEW Aeroworks Pitts Python ARF QB!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:53 AM
reyn3545

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Introducing the NEW Aeroworks Pitts Python ARF QB!!!

I couldn't take it anymore.. had to get the plane out of the box and start building.. so, I took the AW Extra 260 to the field one last time, then came home and stripped the motor and electronics out of it, then started on the biplane. I got the wings finished today... .hinges sealed, servos, control arms and linkages done.

There was one little suprize on the bottom wing... some jr. brain surgeon at the factory decided to run both strings to the left side of the wing. Only 1 of them was actually connected to the little wooden stick in the servo pocket, but both strings were running to that side. Luckily it was the bottom wing (no angles to fight trying to find the spar holes) and I was able to tie a small nut to the end of the string and run it down the correct side. If that's the only hickup I have, this will be a GREAT plane!

I did put the graphics on last night.. I usually do those first to avoid working around all of the parts, wires and stuff that go on during the build... I went with Kirby's package, but decided on gold for the "Python" logos.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39794.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	834864