RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the NEW Aeroworks Pitts Python ARF QB!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 02:37 PM
reyn3545

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Introducing the NEW Aeroworks Pitts Python ARF QB!!!

Yeah, I think you're right. That should be plenty.

I'm working out of the house today, a few end of the year conference calls and stuff, and working on the plane in the mean time.

Got the flying wires on, all the servos and linkages installed in the rear. Landing gear, tailwheel are installed. I ordered new main wheels, so I haven't done them yet, but that's a 5 minute job. The cabanes are installed, I think I'm ready to strap on the engine!

No real suprizes yet, other than 2 of the washers for the cabanes were too small for the bolts. Plenty of washers around the basement to resolve that.

I may be finished with this thing tonight if I don't hit any snags.

I know I mentioned doing a build thread for this plane, but its so simple, it would be a complete waste of time to take and post the photos. Aeroworks does a great job of over-documenting the build process in the instruction manual.

I just completed a 100cc composite BVM Edge 540 a few weeks ago.... the instruction manual was about 15 pages total! It took about a month to build it (in my spare time). It looks great, but I sure would have liked some clue about how to do things.... for example, there was no measurement on where to cut the holes in the fuse for the pull-pull cables! Thank God there were a couple of good build threads available on the plane, without them I would have been in deep weeds. They need take some lessons from AW on how to document a build!