RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Butterfly
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 11:11 AM
103/17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Butterfly

Hello,

I have a few questions for anyone who has time on a carbon butterfly. I was given one for Christmas by my wife, yes she is wonderful. I seem to be having some battery connection issues and I am unsure what is causing it. The battery contacts are magnetic on the Carbon Butterfly. If you land hard the battery pops off but I am having an issue with it loosing connection in mid flight. I have noticed that the prop seems to be semi solidly fixed to the gear / hub. If you land and the carbon prop hits the ground ( most of the time) the prop seems to cock itself and cause the wheels to vibrate about 1/4 inch for and aft on their axles at anything over half throttle. I have tried to center it and adjust it by the amount of wheel vibration that I see. It has worked pretty well but the battery connection seems to be very prone to loosing contact. I have never damaged the Butterfly and it has never hit an object other than a padded sofa. Has anyone has similar experiences? Oh yes, It is awsome to fly in your living room. I do wish it had an elevator but its still very cool to fly.

103/17