RCU Forums - View Single Post - Air Hogs Helix Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 12:48 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Helix Helicopter

hey leo, another thing you could do to drop some more weight is remove the cross braces that are on the skids. i removed them from mine and the skids are still very durable, and it looks a little more realistic without them, also if you dont mind the ruff appearance take the yellow motor covers off the thrusters, that will also drop some extra weight. looks pretty good but it could look better, ever though about getting some different colored sharpies and giving your canopy some color? it would make it stand out better with adding any significant weight to your bird. also if you have a spare set lying around use a set of the motors from an aero ace in it, i did and it seems to have a little more thrust, and using a set of props from an aero ace will make that bird really get moving, you gotta trim the aero ace props down a little bit because they will hit the rotor blades during step angle changes in flight. theres alot more that can be taken off the bird to drop weight, i went nuts on reducing weight on mine. such as if you look at the motor from the front, you will see a small metalic plastic spacer that sits on the front side of the motor. removing this doesnt effect the spacing on the motor and also drops some weight. good luck with it, chris