RCU Forums - View Single Post - new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 06:21 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

ORIGINAL: hendrix

I watched your video and i think you need to get more accustomed to the Boomerang.
I think after a couple more flights you will get a better feeling of the airplane and how to slow the plane during the final approach.
Your final approach started too high and trying to get it to the runway you increased the airspeed much, that's why it bounces.
It has way too much speed above V2 that any runway imperfection will set up in the air again.
Try to implement crow braking or increase the flap's length 1'' in order to have a very effective airbrake.
I am not trying to play it master, i was doing the same thing during my first flight because i was afraid to turn it at a lower altitude for the final.
After i found out that the plane stall characteristics are excellent i just turn for the final from a lower altitude, then after i get inline with the runway
i deploy the airbrakes and let it sit. Try not to use partial flap during touch down because it increases the bouncing problem.
Use as much full down flap possible (close to 80 degrees or more) during the final in order to have an effective airbrake.
Btw i want to ask anyone who knows what is the limit of the CG.
I think many balance it at the fuel tank bay 1st former (right after the engine) but i am not sure if this is safe.
Chris

Uhhhhh, What? V2 ???????????? Isn't that a multi-engine term?