RCU Forums - View Single Post - RGX Tutorials Advanced Class
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 PM
RGX Blade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RGX Tutorials Advanced Class

well hey ya Everyone, just from the amount of mail i have been getting it's good to know the info is helping everyone
now i have gotten a few Questions on Water Bourne paints, and many to the effect of
"Can or Do they Work good For R/C Cars?"
so i put this post from one of my other post
but
sure do,
and for all those wanting to know more heres a few more,
the Createx paint line works great !!
we have been using there paints in our Automotive line for about 10+ years, and there getting better and better for those wanting to use this kind of paints...
HOWEVER !!!
they do make Textile paint as well !!! be sure you have the right kind !!!
Createx is the Manufacture name, and AutoAir is the brand you want to use if doing r/c cars etc....
can get more info at www.Autoaircolors.com as well as see some stuff we did in the past using there paints...
we have pained Dragsters choppers you name it using there paints, as well we use many others as well...
but if paint can hold up at 250+ miles an hour with the flexing and heat, the R/C cars hold up well as well...

now AutoAir has Detail paints made for Airbrush also be sure to use there reducers if needed for "There Paints"
stay away from the "Parma" they buy there paint in "Raw Form" toss in a bottle and call it a day....
and that is made for "Airguns" not a air brush!!
even then you'll need a 1.8 tip just to spray it!!
the same as trying to drink a McDonalds shake through a Coffee Sturring straw!!!

also i included a couple of pics of other items that woudn't hurt to use when using any paints really......
also heres a good tip make sure with AutoAir or any paint really, put your window masking on and "SCUFF" the inside of the body using a red ScotchBright pad or something simular....
then use some good Adheshion Promoter like BullDog you can buy this at most "Automotive paint shops"
have even see this at "Wal-Mart" for around 7.50 for a 12oz can, as compared to a "Tiny" bottle for 5.00 !!!
talk about "Ouch" !!!
also in the pic it shows the difference between the size and cost...
AutoAir will have AutoAir on the bottle...
and are about 4oz depending on the size you need....
parma's are about 2 oz and cost the same as the big AutAir Bottle so you can save about 20.00 30.00 dollars on paints there too!
i am also including a pic of a Quickie Truck we did and a Buggy using "AUTOAIR" paints the buggy was done on a "JUST BODIES" body for a MUGEN MBX5R (and there about 10.00!! for there bodies!! Hit them up!!)
hope this info can help