RCU Forums - View Single Post - Making a Blizzard, with a Vortex
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:18 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Making a Blizzard, with a Vortex

More like ,no luck at all !! [] I’m pretty much finished all the improvements/Repairs on this Vortex, that I felt needed to be done .But now I got some Real problems. I have been really angry with myself, today. I had taken the Vortex out for a Test run, with the Snow melting off the roof, the weather is pretty nice at just below the Freezing point. I don’t know if this makes sense but the snow is still fluffy but wetter than what was seen in the Vid.. The boat was actually reacting totally different than the other day. Gliding effortlessly. I wish someone was here to have been able to operate the camera for me. I never seen anything like this before, the boat took off from a little hump/bump on the snow surface, got airborne and did a 720'degree flat spin, just like a Frisbee, landed and drove away. WOW Beautiful !.Now that was probably over steer and driver error on my part, but, it was a Freakin` Awesome Maneuver if someone was actually intending to do that as a Trick. I Ran it around for another minute or so, and shut it down then brought the Boat back in the house to do a little Tweaking on the Carb.. I found that the Needle stops needed to be Fixed up, and Moved.. I couldn’t get the adjustment I was looking for(leaner).I decided that it was something, I would work out after Dark, and that I will continue to run it as is, for the time being.. Here’s where I messed up, I knocked the Bloody boat off the Kitchen table, by accident..[&:][&:[X(][:@][:'(][].I couldn’t believe my eyes When I inspected the damage.. OK yeah ,I dropped the Boat and maybe some Chipped Paint, or Cracked Fiberglass is not out of the Ordinary, But that Little impact has nearly Written Off the Hull.. What the [:@][:@] ?? This damage is not normal.!! The Deck and the Hull is Separating, and now has a Pretty good Twist in it from Bow, to Stern,, some serious built in strains here… Before I go Blowing Smoke and Pointing Fingers I’ll give the distributor a Call on Monday, and see what they have to say. I can fix it no Problem, but with all the other problems, that I fixed on this Brand new Boat(Hull and Assembly issues)Someone was having a very bad Day at work. Stripped Screws, Screw holes and unnecessary potentially dangerous Control cable issues, and so on.. I have Pictures of the Before and after, I repaired these things.. I just have not had time to post about these things here yet.. Granted I dropped the boat, and maybe some Fiberglass Damage is to be expected ,But , the Hull halves Coming apart like that.. No Way, That’s a Non Bonded Assembly and appears to be a poor fitting Job, not mating together properly. I actually think this Boat had Gaps in it’s joints(Butt Joint [:@]) in a few places that was repaired on the assembly line with Thick CA and Micro Balloons.. So at this point I’m not going to Continue with this thread until I can see what can be done with this Hull. I can overlook a lot of Deficiencies ,but the line is Drawn at this issue..

Some pics. in a Few minutes..