RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Phantom
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 08:29 AM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Phantom

Well I am building one right now. It will be on display at the AMA Convention, and I will take it to Airzona Electric Festival, for a few fun flights.

I am installing an electric motor and LiPo battery. Assembly of this airplane has been smoth so far. Somethings that I like so far are that the Blind nuts are preinstalled for the lower and upper wing bolts. This airplane uses a pull pull system for the rudder, which has gone together smooth for me.

The Aleron servos need to be smaller than a standard servo. Servos that I have found that work best are:
• JR 341
• JR DS368
• Airtronics 94761Z

My local hobby shop was out of all three of these. The airplane dept employee showed me a Hitec wing servo. It is the HS-125mg. This servo did not fit perfect in the wing. I had to shave part of the wood servo mount, which glues to the servo access hatch. After the mod, the servo seems to be working perfect for this airplane.

More to come as I finish this airplane.

I was talking to a guy from Vision Hobbies, and he has a Kyosho Phantom 70 flying, and told me this airplane flys like the Kyosho Kelly F-1. The Kelly F-1 I would swear flys better than most trainer planes on the market. It is just on rails.