RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky Belt CP or Esky HoneyBee FP for a beginner
Old 01-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Rhizzlebop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky Belt CP or Esky HoneyBee FP for a beginner

With ALL of that said, I'm looking at a Heli.

I've been reading around the forums to see whats a good trainer but hopefully something I can have fun with for a while.

I'm looking at the Esky Belt CP or the HoneyBee King II (or maybe its the III now thats current).

Is one of these what I should be looking at? Or another? I know everyone has an opinion, so all I can do is take a tally of the most popular opinion and go with it.

I'm leaning toward the Belt CP cause having the rear motor die WOULD SUCK. I've seen a lot of posts reporting that on the HB.

I've read the discussions between the CP (collective) and none. Seems like no big thing. You would just set throttle, and use pitch for lift with CP, vs using throttle for lift on a NONE CP model...right?

Or does more throttle on a CP just increase the pitch as RPM and angular acceleration increase, so its STILL throttle driven?

Also, WHY is the Belt CP RTF out of STOCK EVERYWHERE?

Looks like USHobbysupply.com actually has it in. It comes with the 450 brushless, and a 1000mAh batt. Correction, NO Out of STOCK here as well.

The only place I've found it then is on eBay. The seller has nearly 6000 feedbacks. His comes with an 1800mAh batt, the 450 brushless, AND an extra set of blades (rotor and tail), and a free training kit. His is 195 shipped and he told me 7 days to get it, but it says ships FROM China.

His IS the RTF version. (This is what i want).

Anywhere that I am not aware of that has this heli in stock?

Are there any components that I should go ahead and order from SOMEWHERE to have on hand? Like an extra main shaft (name?) or extra batter? Anything?

HELP!!!!