RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky Belt CP or Esky HoneyBee FP for a beginner
Old 01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Druss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky Belt CP or Esky HoneyBee FP for a beginner

ORIGINAL: I-Drag-N-Fly

Thanks a bunch, that has been some of my problem, it has been drifting left and backwards. I learned about square'in up the swash plate tonight, I bet that will help to, I had it WAY off.

It has been so much fun so far, hope it stays that way after I crash it
thanks,
e.
The heli probably wants to drift backwards due to the heavy tail, the center of gravity is pretty bad towards the tail. Move the battery forward in the battery compartment until the cog is even or slightly forward. Check the cog by putting the main blades parallel with the tail (right over it) then put your fingers under the flybar and lift the heli off the ground, see if it leans forward or back.

ORIGINAL: Rhizzlebop

With ALL of that said, I'm looking at a Heli.

I've been reading around the forums to see whats a good trainer but hopefully something I can have fun with for a while.

I'm looking at the Esky Belt CP or the HoneyBee King II (or maybe its the III now thats current).

Is one of these what I should be looking at? Or another? I know everyone has an opinion, so all I can do is take a tally of the most popular opinion and go with it.

I'm leaning toward the Belt CP cause having the rear motor die WOULD SUCK. I've seen a lot of posts reporting that on the HB.

I've read the discussions between the CP (collective) and none. Seems like no big thing. You would just set throttle, and use pitch for lift with CP, vs using throttle for lift on a NONE CP model...right?

Or does more throttle on a CP just increase the pitch as RPM and angular acceleration increase, so its STILL throttle driven?

Also, WHY is the Belt CP RTF out of STOCK EVERYWHERE?

Looks like USHobbysupply.com actually has it in. It comes with the 450 brushless, and a 1000mAh batt. Correction, NO Out of STOCK here as well.

The only place I've found it then is on eBay. The seller has nearly 6000 feedbacks. His comes with an 1800mAh batt, the 450 brushless, AND an extra set of blades (rotor and tail), and a free training kit. His is 195 shipped and he told me 7 days to get it, but it says ships FROM China.

His IS the RTF version. (This is what i want).

Anywhere that I am not aware of that has this heli in stock?

Are there any components that I should go ahead and order from SOMEWHERE to have on hand? Like an extra main shaft (name?) or extra batter? Anything?

HELP!!!!
First of all, don't be afraid to order from overseas, I've never had any problems with it. Try rchelicoptershop, ehirobo, hooobby... etc.

As to a CP heli, it uses both throttle AND pitch to provide lift CCPM stands for collective cyclic pitch management. The belt cp has both a linear throttle curve (0 to 100 from bottom of stick to top) and a linear pitch curve (unless you play with the knobs on the top of the tx) which goes from -1 to +6 in normal mode and -9 to +9 in idle up. In idle up mode the throttle curve looks like a V it goes from 100 (top stick) to 75 (mid stick) to 100 (bottom stick).

Spare parts you want are
Blades (main and tail)
main shaft
feathering (spindle) shaft
flybar
belt
main gear (with one way bearing)

The main blades and feathering shafts you want to have more than one of. An extra battery will help your learning so that you don't have to stop when you're starting to get the hang of things. I have around 10 11.1v batteries.