RCU Forums - View Single Post - new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 10:41 AM
hendrix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

the landing speed of the baby boomer is slow enough that it'll land without brakes just fine and have minimal roll out on concrete, the Kavan just keeps you 'legal' with the AMA regulation requiring a halt on demand. i fly from concrete and the only time i use my brakes are for high performance take off with smoke on, i have TamJet brakes and they do a great job holding back the P-70, the tires also have excellent ware resistance.
Hi.
I agree and i am aware that you need something like a brake to be legal in the US.
We don't' have this problem here we are all illegal
I need the brakes because my Boomerang can taxi and fly level with the turbine in idle so landings are a bit tricky.
Now that i know the plane well i can land in a 100 feet strip (from touch down) but i usually avoid it if there is absolutely no wind
I do like to brake hard during landing so my nose strut can compress and give this nose down attitude though
PS i had a couple plastic washers in the wheels in order to have some friction and this made the plane behave very well
without the need to apply any brakes at all, but now i removed them because i don't like the idea of having friction during touch down.
The new brake valve made it possible for me to control the plane during taxi easily.
Unfortunately this was the only turbine i could afford at that time (i am only having one turbine right now).
Chris