RCU Forums - View Single Post - YS FZ110-S out of production?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YS FZ110-S out of production?

Nope,

If its too fast, the mixture is not set properly.

First thing OS #F or YS glow plug.

Another thing that does help is more nitro. Most of the guys messing with them that seem to have problems getting the mixture or idle correct are trying to run 15% nitro. I suggest 20% min nitro and I run only 30% Heli in mine. The higher nitro makes the mixture settings have a bigger sweat spot, so they are easier to get the settings correct. I recommend at least a 20% nitro fuel.

The 110S I currently have about 20 flights on will idle at about 1800rpm very consistently. I use Cool Power 30% heli Performance blend with the Low Viscosity oil.

The difference in the 110FZ vs the 110FZ-S are these

A) The crank case is a little stronger in some spots

B) A crankshaft ring was installed to give more boost to the super charger system. this results in more power

C) The pressure regulator was moved from the bottom of the case and mounted on the front pushrod tubes. This makes the engine perform more reliably in hot conditions. Hovering and other 3 D aerobatics can be very harmful to the engines as they will get hot and not get good cooling air. The external regulator helps to keep the fuel cooler before it enters the engine. In extremely abusive situations like long term hovering the engines will get hot and the fuel running through the older style FZ with the regulator as part of the case the fuel could boil or vapor lock in before it gets to the carb. This is extremely uncommon but in abusive situations it can affect the mixture settings. As the engine heats up it also leans out...So the external regulator helps with this problem. It helps maintain much more consistent mixture settings even under abusive flight situations. By the way the new regulator works exactly the same and has many of the same parts as the older on engine style.

D) The engine no longer has a sleeve of liner. The new technology was introduced several years ago with the 63-s and it is a Sleeve-less liner design. This helps transfer the heat better from the heat and the cylinder side walls. This again helps in the high heat and abusive flight conditions. This makes the engine a little lighter and helps the heat transfer to make the engine more efficient.

Nothing was done to the engine that will affect idle or mixture settings. Everything works the same as it did before.

Troy Newman
Team YS

Troy Newman
Team YS