RCU Forums - View Single Post - PAU 36% Edge 540 Assembly
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: PAU 36% Edge 540 Assembly

Now I'll assemble the 32oz Dubro fuel tank and mount just ahead of the wing tube.
Since this plane is on cans, I've placed an aluminum or brass tube for the vent line that will run between the cans. The exit is just ahead of the landing gear.

At this point you should assemble the entire aircraft assuming the exhaust is on as well. Be sure to include the prop and spinner because we're going to need to check the CG and mount the batteries and such. CG is approximately 7" back for this purpose.

Now that I've located good positions for the batteries and regulators and checked the balance we'll go ahead and fasten them in. These locations are what I am using for the DA-100 so you may end up further back or foward depending on setup.

Again getting back to the canisters, I don't want the heat from cans going back into the fuse. So...I am going to remove everything in front of the wing tube and cover it with matching Ultra-cote and reinstall. Since all my holes are already drilled, this will give me a very clean looking install.

Side note: I have drilled holes for the zip ties holding the tank in because I am covering the lower deck. Otherwise, it's not necessary.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87930.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	853749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49145.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	853750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47916.jpg
Views:	33