RCU Forums - View Single Post - BUSA Fokker DVII
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 05:26 PM
vascrats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUSA Fokker DVII

Thanks for the input on the wood. I picked out the straightest pieces and actually began building [X(]. Things seemed to be going reasonably with the upper wing until I layed the aileron spar in place. The instructions say the aileron spar should sit flush on the building surface and be slightly above the rib ends to allow for the cap strip. Well, My W-7 rib is a reasonable amount ABOVE the aileron spar and all of the others except W-12 are about flush with it. I double checked the instructions and I do have the two spar strips raised 3/32 and the trailing edge flush with the building surface. I am pretty sure I have the ribs in the correct order as the decrease in size from W-3 down to W-12. I am using the correct 1/4 square for the middle spar. Have not figured out what the problem may be yet.

Another thing I saw is that if I have the ends of the W-12 rib raised 3/32 to allow for the cap strip, the notch does not fully sit down on the spar. Surprisingly the rib does sit lower than the aileron spar like the others should.

This is going to be a looong build...

Any input on my issues?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88973.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	856246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57678.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	856247