RCU Forums - View Single Post - $56.00 in damage to my blade cx2
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 07:50 PM
sportrider_fz6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $56.00 in damage to my blade cx2

this morning was another good fly day, no noticeable wind. so I took the bcx2 outside. after yesturdays successful high altitude flights I wanted to go there up again. I had it maybe 200ft in the air and tried to make an aggressive turn and watched in horror as the heli started to fall like a rock. as it got lower I could see two rotor blades falling slowly behind it. with nothing I could do I watched it smash into the ground nose first. it looked like it had shattered. the front of the body was in so many pieces, only one of the sides were still attached with the body mounts. the battery was laying beside it, battery mount broken off the main frame. the tail section was torn half way down the body. inner and outer shaft bent noticably. fly bar bent, upper blades cracked. lower blades missing, they had sheered off just past the hub. what a bummer!!! they were new blades too, must have had a defect. anyone else ever throw a blade without hitting anything? so the end result $56.00 in parts for repairs, and now I have the marine body!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66132.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	856377