RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 scale functional Hamilton Standard hub for RCV SP engines.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:44 AM
77chickenhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 scale functional Hamilton Standard hub for RCV SP engines.

Hello Juice !!..

What a great idea you have there, and I to would be interested in getting your hub. My first Warbird was a Hanger-9 Corrsair. started bashing it rite off the bat. I also got the Solo prop thinking it would be perfect for it. But after getting it, I knew rite away the hub was out of scale. I'm putting the OS-FT-160 flat twin in it, and am going to fly it with a 18in. diameter prop. Also being so big for the Carrsair it was a little to much rotating mass. So I put the solo on the shelf for a while. Waiting for something else to come up, (Like Now !!! )Sweet....
Anyways I found a metter match for the Solo. My !/5th scale P-40

I want to see someone remake some blades for the VarioPROP design. Seen here

http://www.ramoser.de/home_e/variopr...rioprop_e.html

I own one, and the hub is the rite scale and the prop blade base isnt so thick either. They make hubs for gas and glow 2,3,4,5 blade assy's But the downfall is there biggesr diameter is a 14, and the profile is more like a Spitfire and not a Corrsair. But you could CNC some different molds with the correct profile (shape) and legnth.. would be sweet..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78318.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	858930