RCU Forums - View Single Post - dx7 or x9303
Thread: dx7 or x9303
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 05:20 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: dx7 or x9303

I have owned two Hitec Eclipse 7's(very similar to Optic 6) for the last several years and they are excellent radios. Several members at my club have the DX7 and really like them. I decided to buy the X9303 vs the DX7 just because I knew I would never have a situation that the transmitter could not handle. BUT, the X9303 is not as easy to use as the Eclipse 7, Optic 6, DX7. It is a very capable transmitter with many more programing steps required and the manual only describes basic programing. Whenever you want to use the more advanced functions of the X9303, you had best be very good at figuring out how the transmitter needs to be set up or be lucky enough to have someone who has used the XP9303 or X9303 that can help you. You will not find in the X9303 manual how to use all of its features. You will find people on this forum that will tell you to just go to the Horizon Support site and look at all the examples of programing the X9303. But all these examples are for the XP9303 and the biggest set up example is for a sailplane.