RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal Kits
Thread: Royal Kits
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 02:18 AM
PatienceWhatThe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal Kits

Had Enough & Riddle,

Appreciate the comments about getting started. I will be of course pigheaded and keep on plugging away. This is my favorite plane of all time, did papers on it in high school and in college and still have most of the reference materials. In addition to the rubber power I think I've built every scale plastic model there was in the late 70's early 80's. My fav was a 1/35th scale that had over 250 pieces. It got smashed by falling furniture into twice that many. I don't know where the pics are though... will have to think about where those are.

HE - I checked the local group's website and lo and behold they hold their meetings at the hobby store closest to my work. Turned out I missed the monthly meeting by a week so will catch up with them next month.

My build will be in slow motion as I weed through all the details before I mess around with the inner workings. I don't like not being able to visualize how the mechanical/electrical details will look before getting to it. I have seriously thought about building it static without the inner workings just to brush up on the skills, but still not ready to do that quite yet.