RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine
Old 01-26-2008, 03:20 AM
Delrin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine

Updates: I decided to go with a redundant A123 2300mAh for the receiver and an 1100mAh VPX pack (smaller A123 from Black & Decker) for the ignition. The giant scale guys talked me out of it. I've attached my wiring diagram. The old setup is first and the new one with the VPX pack is 2nd

The B&D VPX pack is wired, wrapped and installed. Man this site is great! Couldn't have been easier. I think the B&D VPX's have to be the easiest A123's to go from the store to rx pack that you can make on your own? It literally took about 10 min to have it ready to install, and that's never converting one before. 2.9 oz with cardboard, shrink and wiring.

The manual for the Fuji states their ignition uses 188 mAH. With a 1000 usable from the VPX, that's about 5 hours. Plus the charge time is so quick. I am running it through the Castle BEC at the default 5.1 volts. I only get 4.9 volts at the end of the connection, but the Fuji runs great. I called and asked Great Planes what the max voltage their ignition could handle and "through the operator", they stated 4.8v. I haven't found anyone trying more so I'll use the Castle BEC for now. I need to get the Castle Link so I can turn it up to 5.4v. The card is the only way to program it. Maybe pick one up at the WRAM show?

I tested the system last night. I had to move the throttle servo off the firewall and back to the front receiver tray. The Fuji fired right up but my throttle servo was jumping all over. Scared the wife pretty good as she was holding it for me! It's ready for the next test. "Honey, you ready?"

Brian

OK: Throttle servo moved to the front receiver tray and it works like a charm.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87172.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	861305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60998.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	861306