RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Engine for Racing???
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Engine for Racing???

ORIGINAL: jaywax

ORIGINAL: Bongi

Hi Guys; I need some advice on engines, I have been a basher for a couple of years, but now im looking to start truggy racing, i have a Hobao ST Pro, just looking what engine would complement it well to start racing, i have been surfing and there are a couple which i think are good, but id appreciate your comments on the matter. RB TM928 / NovaRossi 528XR / Werks .28B7 Pro / AE Z28R Spec 3???
Since this is your first experience racing, I would recommend the LRP Z.28R. This is a great motor to start with and you can make adjustments if you want after you run this engine for a while. You do not want to break the bank to find out you dislike an engine. It will be more than enough engine.

This guy said it all. If you're just getting into racing there's no reason to get a insanely powerful engine. You need to first learn how to drive before you're worried about going fast. Once you learn how to drive on your track well enough then you should worry about adding more power but more than likely the most of the engines listed above would be too much power for you and un-controllable(Spelling?). So you should look into that LRP Z.28R or even a Losi Mach 427 or just stick with the engine your running now and pratice driving until it dies or you really need more power.