RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any word on the Flycamone v2?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any word on the Flycamone v2?

One big issue that hopefully the 3.0 release should correct is the orientation of the camera.

As is you need to have the camera hanging "down" from a wing or from the fuselage to take movies, with the lense pointed forward.

While this may be suitable for some applications, flexible orientation is a must...

e.g. I want to put the camera on TOP of the fuse not under it.

Or how about mounting the camera sideways, so that the lense can pan forward or to the side?

Video quality is poor considering what is out there.

If someone marries one of the other inexpensive hi-res cameras to a LiPo cell and configures it for RC video, then we're talking.

The advertising indicates that you can trigger the FCO2 from your TX... well sort of...

You need to set up a momentary contact switch and have a servo trigger the switch, or you need a seperate switching device.

The provided servo connection arm for moving the lense, is a good idea.
The use of an internal LiPo to power the battery and save weight is a good move, although I'll bet the lifetime of the camera is short because of lack of overcharge monitoring.
Did I say that the weight of the FCAMONE2 is fantastic? That's it's BEST point. You can throw the cam in a lightweight plane or heli w/o problems.