RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Maxx or E-Savage for bashing
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:55 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Maxx or E-Savage for bashing

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

I've had both, and I'm afraid the E-savage is just the better truck. It's cheaper, faster out of the box, doesn't have an overly complicated gearbox to let go and is tougher for general bashing. You can make any electric vehicle waterproof, just get busy with the damn silicone. My E-maxx has transformed into a low cg chassis running, buggy steering setup using, revo gearbox utilising, brushless running hybrid that will annihilate most truggies in a straight line or around a track. But only because it was pants out of the box. The E-savage is just ballsy and more powerful stock, and you can get aftermarket chassis plates to stretch it if it isn't big enough for you.
Ive had all three and the new 16.8 emaxx is better than the esavage in every way but price. Its quicker, handles better, is bigger, is just as fast, is more durable, has a bigger aftermarket and parts support. The battery hold downs are easier to use, the chassis is designed much better, its easier to work on. It has a much lower center of gravity, the dual steering servos are better and stronger, its waterproof right out of the box, no need to make it so and then have issues if you do it wrong or need warranty work.

The e-savage is more of a 4wd stampede sized truck than an e-maxx sized truck.