RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-Maxx or E-Savage for bashing
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 07:33 AM
kazakore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Maxx or E-Savage for bashing

(Anyway I've search properly now and few threads since the new E-Maxx came out and no polls to get a clear view of people's standpoint from what I could see.) Didn't realise quite how new the new e-maxx was...

First half of the thread had me leaning towards the Savvy (seemed people were saying it was more durable and it's symmetrical layout make me think it would be more stable for jumps but seems people are saying the opposite now)but now think I'll probably go for the E-Maxx, although it may change if a bargain comes along on ebay. Had already decided the batteries that come with the Savvy will be junk and we have 2 chargers in the house already (although a third one, that does two batteries at a time, wouldn't be a bad think.)

People seem to be saying that Traxxas is more popular, with more sales and thus having better availability of parts and after sales support. Now I'm guessing the majority of the people on here are from the States whereas I'm in the UK. From looking around over the last month or so I feel I've seen more spares and hop-ups for the HPI Savage (although still a respectable amount for the Traxxas.) Is this something that should be a major consideration? Anybody got direct experience from teh UK?

I would also be interested to know why Calvino says the E-Maxx would need more dollar to make it bash-worthy though. Surely it's just as bashable out of the box, no?

And there isn't a similar option that comes as a kit is there? I actually like the process of building it yourself and it really does mean you'll know your car better when you come to repair it for the first time.