RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the NEW Aeroworks Pitts Python ARF QB!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 AM
elderair
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Introducing the NEW Aeroworks Pitts Python ARF QB!!!

How much of the radial dummy engine did you cut out for the cyl? How much of an exit hole did you cut out. I want to make the exit hole plenty large when I cut. I know the nice chin scoop will be gone plus a large area to boot!. I am going to continue with my build tomorrow. Hinging the elevators using three large Robarts and two small ones between to fill the other factory holes. My D/A only has about 1/2 gallon of Lawnboy 40:1 through it so far. I don't want it running hot in the cowl.

(Fast forward to the next day) I am done rigging the tail feathers, servos and all including rudder pull/pull. Went in farthest out hole on the rudder horn (2 3/8") and the 2" spacing on the straight part of the SWB angled arm. Plenty of throw on high at 125% ATV. Using an 8711 monster on the rudder and 8611a's on everything else except the throttle and choke. Using digital Hitech mini servos on them. Using the 9303 for the first time and really starting to like it. Dual servo option on all primary control surfaces and easy to select and de-select. Highly reccommended by me . On the rudder pull/pull I went with some coated kevlar and eyelets that I had on hand. Reason being, when I went to lock a jam nut on the brass ends that were included, the threads started to slide out of the ball clevis. I couldn't pull them out by hand but before the jam nut would lock tight it would begin pulling the brass end out. The eyelets I used have deeper and sharper (also harder) threads and cut in to the clevis better IMHO. Just don't want to be worrying about any more on the maiden than I need to. Some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62201.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	869616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19952.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	869617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47443.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	116.6 KB