RCU Forums - View Single Post - OXAI Pinnacle Downthrust
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OXAI Pinnacle Downthrust

Your CG is right on the money I flew mine from 178mm to 182mm depending on which model it was. I have a pretty accurate way to setup the CG to compare model to model. I use 3 scales one under each wheel and calculate the moments in a spread sheet. So I can easily flip back and forth between models...I use an Excel spread sheet and just do a new sheet for each model...

If you require too much push on the inverted don't move the CG back just remove some Expo on the down elevator only and maybe increase the down elevator rate by 5-10%...This will allow you to "catch the nose" easier when inverted and you will not even feel like its nose heavy. This is what I do on all my models. More down elevator than up and less expo....

180mm on a Pinnacle is right where I liked mine.

Also you might try putting just a little positive (LE up) in the stab....This will allow the model to fly with a very slight up elevator trim and it will lock in better. It might cause a slight pull to the canopy on down lines but it will lock in better and be more "biased" this means the model will handle turbulence better and will track better.

The Pinnacle is a really good model. I had lots of hours to get to know mine. I only switched when I flew the Oxai Astral XXc as it rolls better than the Pinnacle. But the Pinnacle does some other things very well maybe even better than the astral.

Both excellent models.

Troy Newman
Team Oxai