RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spectrum Lockout Help
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum Lockout Help

Update:

I just did an engine off range check, no wing just the fuse. Anyway, i noticed a few things in particular that were alarming to me. First, when the transmitter was aimed at the planes side i was able to get between 65-70ft before i lost the signal. However, when the transmitter was facing the front of the plane, at the engine, i got conciderably less distance, about 25-30ft. Second, i got several more feet, i would bet betwen 20-30 from the first time i range checked it with the engine on. After further observation I also noticed that the reciever when it is jumping in and out of the signal at the end of its range check felt/looked very similar to what i saw in the air. The plane seemed to intermintantley gain/loose control.

I really do not think this was a brown out. Although, I wish I had pulled the wing off to see if the lights were flashing indicating that happened. Non the less, i am not running digital servos and i am using 2 6v batteries. I can not imagen both batteries dropping down to 3.5v under the load they would have had in the air. Even though i was pushing the servos pretty hard it seems unlikely they could have drawn down the current that much.

I can only assume that my loss of signal before and the loss in signal today is a result of poor reciever placement. I am going to rearange the reciever and sub reciever and try again next weekend.