RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just picked up an Evo 30 need some help
Old 02-20-2008, 01:10 AM
msm15
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up an Evo 30 need some help

Hi I just picked up a Sceadu Evo .30 brand new with 7CHP, digital servos, 401 gyro and all for $300, the guy was in debt and needed to sell, the engine has never seen fuel, and nothing was ever used. My problems are as follows, do I have to go back and recheck to whole entire heli up and down ?

Also the radio is a futaba 7CHP it came with s3151 digital servos, my problem is the original owner purchased the gyro and tail servo individually so although it is a GY401 the tail servo is a futaba s3004 which doesnt make that much sense to me, doesnt the gyro need a better servo then that ? something with a quicker response time ?

The third issue I have noticed so far is that with all the electronics installed and everything setup the heli seems to lean back and not stay steady on its landing gear, there seems to be more weight in the back and that the heli is not balanced properly - keep in mind though that this is with the blades in the blade holder so there is more weight in the back, but my Kinetic 50 (century Hawk) even without the electronics installed to add extra weight to the front doesnt tip back as much. Is this correct ? is it supposed to lean back like this ?

The other questions I had were just on the design of the heli itself, I was wondering why the landing gear gear is setup to make the heli a little top heavy they seem to be closer together then my kinetics landing gear and the Evo seems to sit higher up then the kinetic which seems to make heli more top heavy (higher center of gravity) then the Kinetic. All in all the Evo seems like a better chopper then the Kinetic, and maybe the center of gravity thing only applies to cars I was just curious.

thanks for your help