RCU Forums - View Single Post - Outlaw Construction
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Solutions

ORIGINAL: Strykaas

I'm asking the same question here as I haven't received any answer on the Extreme Flight Outlaw thread [&:] :

"OKAY.
I have two NIB Webra .32 at hand. I think I'll use one of them instead of my magnum. One of them has the lightweight stock muffler (not baffled ). How much performance gain is to be expected from the mousse can muffler setup pictured on ExtremeFlight web site ? And does anyone know how to build that kind of setup ? Where does the header stop ? Where does the stinger start ? I've read several articles about them but never tried it. I already have the .32 sized macs header btw. I have the bad feeling the whole thing would come apart after some flight time ... this mousse can muffler has reportedly to be mounted "free".... which wouldn't be the case for a traditional tuned pipe, which I think would be more durable. Any thoughts ?

My servos setup : 3 x HS 645 MG. Is it OK for all out performance ?

Intended prop : 8x8. Can I break-in that webra on the ground with a 8x6 ? Good ol' 2' pitch rule. (pretty scary idea as I regularly run my os 15 LA on this prop ). "

Any input ? Thx.

Sent PM. The HS645's are good servos for the Outlaw. I'm running mine on 4.8v 800mah pack with no problems.

About the mousse can pipe there was a thread on how to build one do a search. The header is left at it's full lengthe. The can is pressure fit on it with a silicone coupler. The stinger and nipple for tank pressure are JB welded in place.

Pete