RCU Forums - View Single Post - Did i buy an out of date buggy
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did i buy an out of date buggy

ORIGINAL: xxx123

I used to have a Hyper 7, was great but got something better. Use the H7 as a starting point if you buy it as a used buggy. But, for new buy, I will pick the cen matrix as they are about the same price range. The stuff that comes with the Kit for H7 is not that useful. The matrix RTR at leasthas better radio and the resale is stronger.....
I beg to differ on the resale of the Matrix... Those things go for dirt cheap on the Bay. I have seen Matrix RTRs for $150-$175. You typically won't get a Hyper 7 RTR for <$200. Resale is a moot point anyways since people don't buy these for resale- these aren't used cars.

This H7 gets me around the track fast enough...

Here is what I like about older buggies- it keeps you out of the hype of the 'latest and greatest'. When you know you aren't trying to get the latest and greatest most expensive crap, a funny thing happens. You focus less what you don't have and focus more on how your buggy works and responds to tuning. If there is no pressure to be on the cutting edge, you will be more relaxed and comfortable with running the H7. Get the H7, and really understand how tuning effects it. When you master all aspects of the H7 and you are winning A-Mains, then you look at upgrading your buggy. In the meantime you are fine.