RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum DX6i
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 08:52 PM
iamman711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX6i

Hey all.. I got mine this morning. (southern california) I have a problem though and I don't know if its the AR6200 receiver's fault or what not.

when I hooked up the AR6200 receiver into my Parkzone Typhoon 2 3D all was fine for the 5 minutes I had it all hooked up. an hour later, i plugged in the battery to turn my plane on and lo and behold my propellor started spinning erratically, the motor overheated, the lipo overheated, and esc too. i was quick to catch it but if i waited a few more seconds i might have caught my plane on fire or atleast have severe smoke.

Anyone know what the deal is? I never had this problem with the stock radio system although I did have glitchy interference problems but nothing like this overheating issue.

also, should i dare use the motor again or should i send it in for replacement? how about the li-po do I dare use it again or do I absolutely need to replace it (it got really hot but no protrusion)?

Again, other than the new receiver it is all stock. The propellor didn't get stuck on anything (in fact it shouldn't have been moving because the transmitter was on and in idle position, so it wasn't the failsafe nor was it interference problems). the propellor was spinning erratically, like chugging along vibrating but not making smooth, consistent revolutions. come to think of it and i may be hallucinating but it was spinning the wrong direction. I don't know how you can explain all this because I didn't plug the EC3 connectors (battery -> ESC) reversely or anything.

There's one thing I noticed in the DX6i programming/settings like the EU (europe) and US (united states) power settings. By default, the DX6i is set up for EU power settings, but I changed to US. The manual doesn't really go into detail what the difference between EU and US settings are. I bought this thing in the United States and i live here, so I don't know if this caused my prob.

Maybe the problem is with the AR6200? I wonder... I mean none of these problems happened with stock radio system. Quite a mystery for now.