RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Typhoon 3D ?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 PM
iamman711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Typhoon 3D ?

Hey thanks for the reply everyone, I 4got to select the notify me when someone replies box so I was oblivious to the fact that you replied. Thanks.

I bought a Spektrum dx6i with AR6200 receiver today. Before today I flew my plane twice, and had interference problems but was able to regain control and land safely.. ths happened twice in one day. so i decided not to chance it anymore and got the nicer radio.

so when i plugged in the AR6200 it was glitch free, servoes moved, throttle moved on command. Then about an hour later i reconnect battery (of course, transmitter is on and in idle), but then the motor starts moving erratically (vibrates, loooks like its struggling to spin but does rotate just very aqkwardly), then I immediately unhatch cover to unplug battery and i feel battery is really hot then i feel motor through the vent and really hot! I could not access the ESC as the screw holding the cover thing lost its integrity and I couldnt unscrew it... but I'm sure the ESC is garbage now

What caused my problem? Everything other than new receiver and radio is stock and unfiddled with.

Could it be my power settings? What does EU and US mean in the DX6i programing/settings? By default, power is set to EU but I changed to US since I purchased the radio in the US and I live here. Anyone know if its critical to have this setting correct? Anyway I thought I did the right thing in changing it to US. And what is the difference, exactly?

Please help. Thanks.