RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2008 the year of the Turbinator
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 10:22 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 the year of the Turbinator

ORIGINAL: CARS II

2008 is just around the corner and I got my first project lined up for the new year, yeap!! I decided to build a Turbinator from Nick Ziroli plans, I wanted to build a new airplane ( not a jet ) but the Turbinator simply just, jumped infront of me in the thinking room out of my last AMA magazine ( best place to read that magazine ) so, I said why not no one has one around here and it has been ions since I build and airplane ( relly build one ) I assembled like 15 jets just this year alone, so far I only have a TJ F-16 in my shop ( garage ) ready to fly and a King Cat that is been repaired for my friend Jose' from Stockton.

This year I want to try the small turbines, so I been looking at a Wren and the Jet Cat P-60SE and P-70 for this project. The jet is going to weight between 20 to 22 lbs but it has like 1,200 squere inches of wing area, it will defenitelly be light wing loaded for its weight and size ( fuse is 82" long).

Here are some pictures of the prints, the construction maual is only 4 pages !! WOW, simplicity is the word here. Thank you Nick sr. it will be fun to build and for sure I will be posting updates of the progress on the construction sequence .

For some reason it remainde me of the T-28 Trojan..

Way Tooooooooooooooooo much work homie!!!!!!