RCU Forums - View Single Post - anyone remeber the Puddle Jumper?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 04:03 PM
RC MAD RAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone remeber the Puddle Jumper?

sterling models inc, puddle jumper 0.49
hi, i recently purchased one of theese from the usa from ebay.
i have basicly just finished building the kit after many evenings work at an hour here and there. apart from painting its complete.any suggestions on painting? as much as i wanted to go for the cox glow option, the mess and noise just persuaded me to go electric. gws brushless.09 size outrunner, gws 30amp speed controller, 1500mah 3cell lipo battery, 7x6 graupner prop. quite, powerfull and reliable.
saying this, i havent actuall tried it at all apart from making sure everything works ok, my god its got some push at full throttle !
all in all, a great classic well made kit, that i actually paid more in postage than for the kit itself, crazy ! i think its a rare, classic and different model that in a few years time will be a real gem for the grand chrildren.
i have also just purchased a sterling models Space Squirt Land Vehicle 0.49 if anyone out there has any info.again another fantastic kit that im just about to build that i think is alot more scarce than the puddle jumper. going to go for the glow option though this time. miss the mess and the noise !!!
rc mad ray !