RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official XTM Monster MT Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 04:10 AM
domg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official XTM Monster MT Thread

Hey guys,

Is it me, or are a lot of the XTM hop-ups for the MMT a little overpriced relative to other MT brands?

For example, it would cost you $149.88 to "upgrade" to the 3.5mm shaft shocks...the price jumps to $205.84 if you include the Alum. ball ends.

Also, the aluminum suspension holders/plates are insanely expensive...$20-$27 for parts that are the size of my pinky finger!! I know CNC machining is expensive, but shouldn't the cost come down due to mass production? Personally, I wouldn't upgrade any individual suspension component to aluminum on this truck unless everything was aluminum. Here's a good one - the Suspension Holder Support #149994, which is literally maybe 2.5" long and 1/4" thick...$20.00 for ONE in 7075! Holy ****!

Here's another one...Universal joint dust boots...a set of four is $10.00!! I got a set for my truck and honestly, the quality is not worth $1.00. They constantly slide off the axle and tear very easily. In comparison, Traxxas CVD rebuild kits come with the rebuild hardware AND four dust boots of immensely greater quality for $7.00.

I'm also wondering if these prices are so high because HobbyPeople is the sole (internet) proprietor of XTM parts. The single solitary LHS around me that carries XTM stuff also sells at full retail (although the owner is a great guy and I don't mind paying him the money as opposed to HobbyPeople). Creative Hobbies in Mendon, MA FYI.

I know I'm just hurting my credibility here by bellyaching about it, but you guys have a look and tell me what you think: http://www.hobbypeople.net/hopup/145621.asp

For the record, the hop-ups I've purchased so far are the Failsafe, CVD boots, switch covers (don't get red...they're pink!), front and rear sway bars, and the 7075 steering hubs.

-Dom