RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great planes slowpoke build
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
SCOTT42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great planes slowpoke build

ORIGINAL: Danh4

Picking colors is never easy, one thing I like to do is surf the net looking at color combinations, not only on RCU but at sites like Google. Since you mentioned you wanted to use copper, I did a Google image search for "copper" and didn't get much, but then I tried "copperhead" and got a few things. I grabbed the logo below because it uses a lot of both copper and black. I changed the red trim to blue so you could get an idea of how those colors work together. Which one you choose is up to you, I think the red goes with the warmth of the copper a little better than the blue, but then again the blue gives it a little more of a jolt! One thing that is important is the use of at least some white, it makes the darker colors "pop" a little, without the white to contrast against, dark colors can just look, well, dark, especially when they butt up against each other without a white cheat line.

Dan
Thanks Danh4, I really like the blue with the copper/black, I agree about the white and had thought about putting white strips on the bottom to help with being able to tell which side is up/down when in flight. Thanks a bunch for the images, I hadent really seen them togeter before just only in my brain