RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help Associated or CEN Racing
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 01:29 PM
buck in rut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help Associated or CEN Racing

i have the mgt 8.0 my buddy has the cen 7.7 so i have driven and tuned both of them there both fine trucks the 7.7 was a little harder to tune but it was worth it when we got it dialed in its torque is unreal and great power so as far as power the 7.7 wins IMO but in the over all handling and speed my 8.0 wins hands down only mods to the 8.0 was tires upgraded servos and a forward only kit the three speed in the cen is kinda useless only for very long strait aways that you will not find on most tracks at this time its hard to get parts for both i have to order all parts online as far as the one response that wanted to upgrade his 4.6 tranny to the 8.0 i have done it to my 4.6 you can buy the 8.0 tranny for around 80 dollars on ebay and it works great but you will have to either use the input shaft from the 4.6 or buy the entire slipper ass for the 8.0 about another 50 dollars i just used the input shaft from the 4.6 and run a 54-14 gearing with the lrp spec3 .28 the trans hold up great i have had to all together for around 3 weeks and it will out run my buddies cen 7.7 another big draw back to both trucks if poor fuel mileage around 7 min run time for both depending on how hard you run bigger is not always better consider the mgt 4.6 the savage 4.6 or the losi lst any of the 3 will a better choice than the other two and all three have endless hop ups just do some more reserch and if i had to only chose 1 it would be the hpi savage 4.6 but only becuse i already have the mgt