RCU Forums - View Single Post - Your WEIRDEST looking planes! Please post pics!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Your WEIRDEST looking planes! Please post pics!

Here's another one Flaps built for me. It's sort of a take off on the XFV-1 Salmon, Navy tail sitter. OS .91FX with Ultra Thrust tuned muffler. I took off vertical and landed conventional. In any wind, the plane wanted to fall over before I could take off. No one wanted to stand out there and hold it for launch. For the wing, I bought a Sig Somethin' Extra wing kit. Flaps designed the fuselage and tail around the wing. The X-tail was hooked up like a V-tail. I didn't notice any odd control characteristics in flight. It was fast and would roll like a bandit.

This next one isn't all that weird. Someone gave us a crashed Kaos, so Flaps made a Batplane out of it using a plastic model as the guide. Flew like a Kaos, except the high stab tended to make roll barrel out a little.

The third plane is a Coroplast, SPAD, flying wing design of mine. I think the engine is a Fox .50. It was a pretty tame flying plane, very gentle, so I gave it away.

The fourth plane is a Bill Evans' design, Pole Star. Tower .75 power. Fast and very easy to fly. Does a nice inverted flat spin. Rolls fast.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94770.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	897881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47806.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	897882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42128.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	67.4 KB