RCU Forums - View Single Post - Might be wrong forum but i am pissed
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Access

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Might be wrong forum but i am pissed

ORIGINAL: ftt4maniac
I went to my 2nd hobby shop 3 weeks ago and bought a spectrum 3.0 radio system, only to find out by horizon that it was a used radio and looks like it had been replaced, probably by the lhs for another customer that broke that one. Then pawned off on me. Lhs denies any wrongdoing.
Again this is where you need to take it up with the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) and the organizations that work the customer like the BBB (Better Business Bureau). If a shop sells you a non-functioning item, unless you waived that right in writing, you have the right to return it in exchange for a full refund, or an item of the same type (that works). Within 90 days in most states. If the store tells you to deal with the manufacturer/distributor, and the distributor said it was not an officially sanctioned item, if you bought it through a credit card call up the credit card company and get them to cancel the charge. Otherwise deal with the authorities, consumer fraud, police, etc. One of these guys should be able to tell you what your next step should be. And be sure to make a point of this with Horizon, write them a letter of what happened at the shop and that they should stop doing business with that (dishonest) LHS so that they don't end up cheating more customers. If they are trying to re-sell counterfeit / broken product the distributor needs to know about that, that is what distributors do... if one of their customers isn't behaving, they stop giving them the official product altogether and take them off the 'preferred stores' list (the ones listed in the center of the Horizon catalog).