RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 CAD Corsair Build
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 07:09 AM
rwright142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Royal Corsair Blacksheep Squadron Build

Blacksheep 5 reporting as ordered sir! Now where's my damn beer!!!

I will be modeling my -1A after Bob McClurg - a lowly Second Lieutenant when he joined VMF-214. He downed seven Japanese aircraft. I chose Bob because I have his autograph on the famous squadron picture.

Details will include the usual retractable gear, working flaps, etc. plus:
- Canopy will open/close
- Pilot's head and arms will move when aileron, elevator, and throttle move
- Detailed cockpit
- Earl's mains and tailwheel

I'll model mine after #883 that Bob flew and added his own personal markings "Martha, victory flags, etc". As a Blacksheep he participated in the intense combat in the Russell Islands, New Georgia, New Britain, New Ireland, and Bouganville areas. He also flew many missions as Pappy's wingman. McClurg bagged his first Zeke on September 16, 1943, and he attained ace status by December of that year. His final victory tally was 7 confirmed and 2 probable aerial victories. Following his combat tour in the Pacific, he attended Marine Air Infantry School at Quantico, Virginia, Engineering Officers School at Memphis, Tennessee, and finally trained future Corsair pilots at Cherry Point, North Carolina. Following his service career, Bob earned a Masters of Arts degree in Business Administration from the University of Pittsburgh. He retired from the Corp. as a Lt. Colonel. He is the recipient of numerous decorations including five Distinguished Flying Crosses, eight Air Medals, and two Presidential Unit Citations.

I'm excited about the group build. I have decided to delay my BT build in favor of this one.

Luke, you can save time & money sending me a CD if you can email me the drawings. You have my address.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48612.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	909303