RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal Kits
Thread: Royal Kits
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 03:52 PM
loftt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal Kits

I am glad to see such an enthusiastic group dedicated to all things Royal. I have been in this hobby for more than 25 years now. I remember my dad and I sitting out in our shop for hours, days, weeks during our "winter build" sessions. He was always a much more patient builder than I and I will never be able to thank him enough for financing my early years. I never thought twice about building and crashing back then. A new kit and gear always seemed to be waiting on my side of the shop. Here is a picture of my dad and I back in the day. This must have been around the late 80s or so.

Anyway, you will notice in the picture that my dad is showing off his "new" project. It is a Royal P-38 ofcourse. For whatever reason he never finished the build. About 5 years ago, my parents decided to retire and become full-time RVers, so they sold everything and I got to keep the contents of the old shop, P-38 included. Here is a link to some pictures of it now. [link=http://www.eemrc.com/media/p38/p38.html]Royal P-38[/link] I am nearing a point in my life where I might actually be able to dedicate some time and money to finishing this project. Having a resource like this forum will be critical to my success. Don't look for updates anytime soon. It will still be a while before I really dig in, but just couldn't help posting here and saying hello. I will most likely finish this build as an electric as I have started to move in that direction. I think my dad's original intention was to put a couple .46 or .61 size engines in her. I will have to see if he remembers. Traditional glow is still a possibility.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93762.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	915039