RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Great Planes Revolver
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Chancho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Revolver

Hunter & Jeff,

Thanks! It took me a few weeks to get thru all the threads in order to make sure not to post a redundant request. Its been great reading everyone's adventures with this model and its like several unfolding stories; viewing pictures of everyone's build, final product and the videos... Great Stuff... :-)

I'm not sure on the thrust incidence lines.

On page 5 of the manual it reads:
The stabilizer and wing incidences and engine thrust angles
have been factory-built into this model. However, some
technically-minded modelers may wish to check these
measurements anyway. To view this information visit the web
site at www.greatplanes.com and click on “Technical Data.”

Going to the website and following it down to the GPMA1018 (Revolver) it shows blank data for the thrust angle and the link for the technical page is broken. I've got an email in to their technical support to see if I can get that data.

Regardless, Am I preserving the thrust angle by maintaining the thrust washer distance from the firewall at 117mm and keeping the motor mounted in a perpendicular relation to the firewall? My thinking is if there is zero thrust angle or built in thrust angel, it should have no relevance if I follow the two facts just mentioned? Hmmmm

Your right about the prop and I think I'll heed your advice. Going back to the SAITO manual and the RCUniverse Saito forums; I'll break it in with a 15x6 and if I ever grow big enough "Courage" I'll work my way to the 12x12... But I like the idea of having the air brake to go slow but also the ability to hit the gas and get out of trouble if need be. I have brought it in too slow when the FL70 was mounted and had it tip stall a few feat above the runway. The right wing tip just dropped out of the air. I yanked left and somehow got it to slam down on the gear vs. a wingtip or cartwheel. At that time my gear mount had been reinforced but I didn't read far enough in the threads to read about the Dubro Gear... "So I've got some new gear to order along with a new cowl." I tried repairing the fiberglass gear by dremmelling out a few cracks, epoxy and carbon fiber to no avail. I need to borrow your landing skills ( I may try the stare at the wheels thing, but we'll see) but that was a spectacular landing in the quarry!!! --- Repost of HunterandJeff's flight --- http://www.youtube.com/PC9JEFF

If I can finish the mount of the Saito I'll get some pics and try to get some video. It'll all take time to break in the motor and then wait for the Michigan weather to break.

I hope someone is flying in warm weather about now!

Best Regards and thanks again for the help,

Phil