RCU Forums - View Single Post - A local place to run my Baja B5
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Nitro Fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A local place to run my Baja B5

ORIGINAL: reaganreagan

I would make plenty use out of that before the other guys start showing up.

r2
I don't think I'll have to worry about anyone else showing up. Nobody around here probably even knows about the place because its in the subdivision I live in. Although there is a dirt road that connects to the main road outside the community. But no one would have a reason to use it. Besides its probably been around for a few years already. The funny thing is that last year I was considering getting the HPI Baja B5 RTR (no kit yet). I was still in an apartment and don't know the ins and outs of this town as I've only been here 2-1/2 yrs now. So I was looking for potential places to be able to run the Baja and really didn't find much. But I saw this community and cruised into it not actually looking with the community for a place to run. But I was thinking that this would be a nice place to own a house even though I wasn't house hunting yet. So some 8 months later I was house hunting and went back there. I wound up getting a house there. At this point I still hadn't discovered that place to bash yet. And of course I had to get busy with moving and unpacking and settling in, etc. Plus then I spent some $$ on a 50" Plasma HDTV because my old big screen TV decided to give me trouble a week before moving. And I saved $560 on the new TV with a sale price and a 10% coupon on top of that so I didn't want to pass that deal up. So winter sets in and there are some warm days and I ride my mountain bike around the neighborhood one day and into this area past the construction. And I see the best place I could possibly find to run the Baja and its walking distance from my house. At that point I still hadn't considered buying the Baja. But a couple of weeks ago when my friend handed me down his RC Drivers I saw the ad and article about the SS kit. So I decided I was getting it especially because I prefer a kit and its got all the premium parts. So that's the story.